- Social media is one of the most amazing ways that you can connect your blog with the world, meet cool new people, increase comments and share your message with an audience that otherwise would not have known who you are.
I have people who read my blog from every part of the globe. This would not be possible without the power of social media. I’ve connected with author’s, business owners, radio show talk hosts, Yahoo! reporters, all because of the power of social media.
I’ve started a new group on LinkedIN Women Entrepreneurs Who Change The World. It’s growing daily and filled with some amazing women that are impacting their business and the world for powerful change. LinkedIn and Twitter are two of my favorites for connecting with people.
You can connect with me on those here:
Not only does the power of social media drive people from around the world to your business and blog but it’s so wonderful to gain new friendships and relationships and it’s the easies thing to do.
Here are a few simple tips that will help you along the way.
Most have heard the 80 / 20 rule- Promote others 80% of the time, yourself only %20.
Here are a few more:
- Take the time for relationship building by responding to people- If you are asked a question it’s important to answer them back. If they tell you you’re great say “Why thank you.”
Think about this. What if you were on the street and someone said “Hey cute skirt” but you kept walking…rude isn’t it? It’s the same principal with social Media. Just because you don’t see the person face to face doesn’t make the interaction any less real.
- Be yourself- Please do this. It’s real easy on the internet to pretend you are someone else but why would you want to do that? Your cheating the world of meeting the most amazing person ever…YOU. So be yourself it will come across more genuine and others will appreciate you and like you even more.
- Answer questions on LinkedIN. This is a wonderful way to help others and expose your business or blog to a new audience at the same time.
- Interact in group conversations. I have met some of the most amazing women and men and most come from being active on groups on LinkedIN- Here is ours “Women Entrepreneurs Who Change The World” If you are a women entrepreneur who wants to change the world join us. Here is our intro video:
- Be positive. This one is challenging at times even for me. People say some odd things and you want to either fight back or defend yourself- I’ve not been perfect in this area for sure but I can tell you the positive response is the best response.
- Check out what people are Tweeting and respond to them. First you’ll find some really cool stories that way and also meet other amazing people.
- Get Some Strong Tools. You’re going to need to use some tools if you want to be successful in social media. Here are a few of my favorites some I have used and some I have just discovered:
Bundle Post This was created by my great friend Robert Caruso who I discovered…you guessed it on Twitter. He’s awesome and you should really check out his product you can find him on Twitter @Fondalo and he does respond- He’s awesome that way.
Empire Avenue This is a very cool site for social media lots of big players are there, great discussions, and a game aspect you may find interesting. We have a group their called Mom Bloggers Community you are welcome to join that as well- It’s very cool. You can join by clicking here. And check out my video Tutorial here:
Facebook Social Plugin. ( you may or may not see this I’m switching back and forth to see what I like not sure how I feel it hides all comment luv comments) You try that by adding your comment below and getting one for your own WordPress blog. I’m not totally sure how I feel because using it means it totally hides all the other comments on my site. I don’t like that part at all. But try it out and let me know what you think. Do you like using this to comment on blogs or do you prefer the other comment luv tools?
Listl.ly Not only are the guys who run this amazing but this is a very cool social tool as well. You can create lists that other’s can add and comment on then place them in your blog post as you are seeing in mine here below. What makes this cool is unlike some other social media sites when you click on a link in the list it goes to YOUR blog and does not stay on their site. What a concept?
That is the entire point to social media you want to drive traffic to your blog and this tool does exactly that. Click on my list.ly below you can sign on using Twitter or Facebook and get your own list started in a matter of minutes.
[listly id=”1Ha” theme=”light” layout=”short” numbered=”yes” image=”yes” items=”all”]
I hope you found those quick tips useful and enjoyed some of these new tools to help you along the way. I know there are so many other amazing social media tools and these are just a few.
I would really appreciate your input on the latest social media tools and tips. I’d like you to help me fill in the blanks.
What helps you get your goals accomplished in social media? What are your favorite tips or tools? Please do add them below.