Dream Crusher Or Dream Lifter? Olympic Athletes Are Not “Realists”

I seem to be a magnet for dream crushers. I’m not sure why. Maybe they don’t think I have a clue. Maybe it’s because I believe that anything is possible and they feel it’s their job to make sure I understand and know that they are just “keeping it real”. I have no earthly idea. But I can tell you that I did not get where I am in life by being a “realist”.

Chances are most amazing entrepreneurs or athletes or (insert your occupation) won’t go far as a realist either.

I’m not going to type my entire message in this blog post. That’s the beauty of a vlog I can speak it to you. I will however tell you that if you will follow these few tips, I believe they can be life changing for you.

Please leave your comment below and be sure to share this video either Facebook, Twitter or otherwise maybe you too can become a DREAM LIFTER.

When I did this blog post one of the great women via my Google Plus community told me about this video. It seems I’m not the only one who is not a “realist”. I’m so glad that I’m in great company. Check out just the first few minutes of the video below and you’ll see what I mean.

“There is not a realist among them. There is nothing realistic about being an olympic athlete they are all dreamers” Just watch the first couple of minutes and you’ll see what this means.

photo credit: Anne Marthe Widvey via photopin cc

Comments

comments

Comments

1. says

Thank you Lisa! I’m a new follower and really enjoyed this video. I’m very fortunate to have had a dad who was the kindest, most loving person I know. The biggest nellie naysayer in my life is me! 🙂

I am an attorney, then started my photography business, and now I’m working on starting a different online business when I can find the time. (I have an almost 2 year old daughter). 🙂

I look forward to your future posts and will be looking through your info asap!

2. says

My friend that was beautiful. 🙂 You know where I am in my journey and the struggles I am having of late, so I won’t go into that. However, you really reminded me about my mom when I was a kid. She was one of those “realists” who was really a dream crusher. I don’t believe that she intended to do so, but she still managed to do a really good job. Being aware of that will help me in the long run, I believe. I have some things to think about now! 🙂 Love ya, lady!
    Barbara recently posted..The Healing Power of LaughterMy Profile

3. says

Your beautiful heart always shines through your vlogs. Those people who are so full of “nos” and “can’ts” are not “realists,” they are simply pessimists choosing to live in the negative. I choose to hang with the dream lifters, too, because anything humanly possible is possible for (the collective) you! Thank you, as always, for the inspiration!
    DGMommy (Tamara) recently posted..Beyond the Baby YearsMy Profile

4. Leena says

What I need help with or want is more traffic for my blog and help with trying to make money with my blog. Thanks for being such an inspiration. Please keep making videos. You inspire me to keep my dream alive until I achieve it.

5. Laura says

Oh yeah…I meant to mention the first part of the video with Matilda was so cute. I love the baby translator…gave me a laugh.

• says

LOL I’m glad 🙂 You are really brave for sharing your heart thank you. My brother got the nickname Dream Crusher 🙂 So I understand. I have a friend she has a great pet blog 🙂 If she did it so can you. You should write to her and tell her what you told me- Tell her that you are my friend 🙂

You can do anything that is in your heart- BUT your dad is write. Pick something do that first. Clarity will bring you success. I’m excited to hear what happens.

Besides maybe you can write heart felt stories from pet owners 🙂 Maybe favorite last memories, or fun times you can interview them and share your story 🙂 This is my friends blog write her http://www.keepthetailwagging.com/
      Lisa Cash Hanson recently posted..If You Could Ask Me One Question What Would It BeMy Profile

6. Laura says

I’m one of those still figuring out what I wanna do. I just said to my father a week or two ago that there are so many things to choose from…it’s overwhelming. I have so many interests.

He said, “That’s true, but just pick one and stick to it and you’ll fly.”

I’ve never been a realist but I think I’ve been stomped into it by of all people, family…(except my dad).

I’ve learned to keep my mouth shut around the rest of them though to keep from getting that negativity from them.

More than a year ago I was having a talk with my brother where he asked me what my passion was. He had read something I wrote pertaining to my life and complimented me on my writing talent.

This was bittersweet though because when I told him I was interested in putting my knowledge of pets out there in a blog, he said, “Pets? I have dogs. I feed ’em, let ’em out, who cares?” Then he proceeded to tell me I should be using my writing talents to write my memoirs.

Very confusing, because he was saying something nice while at the same time saying my passion is a waste.

I appreciate and really love your message. I know what you say is true. I’ve been trying to get past my own belief and struggle in how I want to get my info out or if it’s even worth reading. And in addition I struggle with depression.

Thanks for being such an inspiration and so positive. 🙂

Congrats on your success for your baby product.